A wound dressing in gel or powder form, based on Maltodextrin and Vitamin C,
for the treatment of complex wounds.
What is Multidex®?
Multidex® is a wound dressing in gel or powder form, based on Maltodextrin and Vitamin C, for the treatment of complex wounds.
How does it work?
Multidex® creates an optimal moist environment which prevents the wound from drying out and is beneficial for granulation tissue growth and epithelial proliferation.
Maltodextrin stimulates autolytic debridement by attracting white blood cells which digest debris and bacteria through phagocytosis. Maltodextrin also attracts fibroblasts that form collagen and promote the growth of granulation tissue.
Vitamin C creates an acidic environment in the wound by lowering the pH to 4,2. This supports the bactericidal and bacteriostatic mechanism for some aerobic/anaerobic, gram negative/gram positive bacteria. Vitamin C is also necessary for collagen synthesis.
What are the benefits?
- For use on complex, including infected, superficial to deep, dry to moist wounds.
- Contributes significantly to autolytic debridement.
- Supports signifant reduction of (intensely) scenting wounds <24-72 hours, and supports odor control.
- Mixes rapidly with exudate and penetrates all wound irregularities to fill tunneling and undermining.
- Creates and maintains an ideal moisture balance.
- No systemic absorption, therefore also suitable for diabetic patients.
- Non-toxic, natural ingredients.
- Affordable and user-friendly.
For use on:
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Superficial / Deep wounds
- Pressure sores
- Second degree burns
Dressing change frequency: 3 times a week.
- Maltodextrin NF (D-Glucose Polysaccharide)
- 1% Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Multidex® gel also contains water and glycerin.
Multidex® is available as a gel (for lightly to moderately excuding wounds) and as a powder (for moderately to heavily exuding wounds).
|46-701EU||Multidex® Powder Wound Filler||45 gram||1 Tube|
|46-703EU||Multidex® Powder Wound Filler||12 gram||5 Tubes|
|46-712EU||Multidex® Gel Wound Filler||85 gram||1 Tube|
|46-710EU||Multidex® Gel Wound Filler||14 gram / 15ml||5 Tubes|
Do you have any other questions about Multidex®, our other products or our company?
Please feel free to contact us.